How to Verify a Paypal Account? Verify Process Guide
When you first create your PayPal account for your business, there are steps to take to authenticate your account. It’s key to know the verification status of your PayPal account before moving forward with transactions.
This Verify Process Guide will walk you through the steps to take to insure that your PayPal business account is up and running before you begin accepting payment methods.
We’ll also teach you how to authenticate paypal accounts that you do business with by showing you verification methods that will strengthen your online payment system.
Here’s What We’ll Cover:
Why Verify My PayPal Account?
There are lots of things to consider when signing up for a PalPal account. Users get access to many helpful tools and resources that make online transactions much safer and more efficient for business owners and customers alike.
By verifying your bank account info, you’ll build the integrity of your account.
Verified Account Resources:
- No limit on purchases, money transfers, or invoices
- Instant deposit and withdrawal availability
- Build trust with buyers and sellers
- Make international payments safe from fraud
- Protection from payment cancelation
- Protection against unverified identities
Paypal Business Account Verification
Verification is easy, and will set your business up for success. Potential clients will find peace of mind in working with verified PayPal businesses. Take several small steps to insure trust and dependability between you and other users.
Simple Steps to Verify your PayPal Business Account
When you initially create your Paypal account, you’ll be guided through the process of setting up your account, adding your account type, business email and information, and personal details. Once you add your bank account type and financial information, you’ll be initiating the verification process.
- Once you add your banking details, paypal will make two small deposits into your account
- Verify your account by added those specific amounts to your PayPal account
- When your account is successfully varied you’ll receive a confirmation message
The key to keeping your business account operation smooth is to keep your financial information up-to-date and consistent. If your credit card expires or you change banks, your funds will have nowhere to be released and errors will occur.
Know Your PayPal Customers
There’s nothing more frustrating for a business owner than having to chase down clients to get paid. PayPals payment processing system has made online transactions automatic and efficient for business owners, saving them time and energy from drafting out continual invoices or re-sending payment requests.
But what happens when a payment doesn’t go through on the customer's end? It could be that the PayPal account has not been verified.
When a PayPal transaction is unable to be processed, there are a few reasons why that can occur:
- Lack of funds available in the buyers account
- Poor connection or loss of connection during payment processing
- Missing information given at checkout
- Purchase issued by an unverified PayPal account
Just as it’s crucial for business owners and freelancers to have legitimately verified accounts, customers and clients must follow the same guidelines.
If you want to check if a PayPal user account has been verified you can fill in the username into the space below, and copy and paste the link into your browser.
https://www.paypal.com/verified/pal= ______________ @emailhost.com
If an account is proved to be verified, it is likely safe to do business with that PayPal user. If the account has not been verified, it is at your discretion whether or not to attempt a transaction with that individual.
Verified PayPal Users Are Trusted Paypal Users
The most beneficial component of verifying a PayPal account is the trust that gets established. With so many different e-commerce platforms, fraud can happen to any online transaction.
Taking the steps to verify your account and keep your banking information up-to-date will establish a sense of trust when you’re working with other PayPal users.
- PayPal users with verified accounts will have access to more resources, making deposits and withdraws, and money transfers faster and more efficient
- Verified accounts do not have limits on spending or receiving funds
- Keeping your bank information updated will eliminate errors or canceled transactions
- The verification process weeds out fraudulent accounts, making transactions safer for authentic buyers/sellers
- Just a few small steps upon initial set-up of your PayPal account will have your account verified
More PayPal Resources for Businesses