When Are Business Taxes For 2019 Due?
All business operating in the United States are required to report their business activities to the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) agency by filing annual tax returns. The due date of that tax returns depends on the type of business. Filing on-time will keep you in the good books with the IRS and help you avoid penalties.
Here are the due dates for 2019 taxes for different types of business:
- Sole Proprietorship and single-member LLC tax returns on a Schedule C with the owner’s personal tax returns are due April 15, 2020
- Partnership returns on Form 1065 with Schedule K-1 for each partner are due March 16, 20120 as March 15, 2020 is a Sunday
Multiple-member LLC returns on Form 1065 with Schedule K-1 for each member are due March 16, 2020
- S corporation returns on Form 1120 S are due March 16, 2020
- C corporation returns on Form 1120 for December 31 year-end corporations, the deadline is April 15, 2020
Corporation returns on Form 1120 with a fiscal year that ends June 30 must file by September 15, 2020
This article will also include information about:
NOTE: FreshBooks Support team members are not certified income tax or accounting professionals and cannot provide advice in these areas, outside of supporting questions about FreshBooks. If you need income tax advice please contact an accountant in your area.
Can You File Your Taxes After October 15?
Sometimes, you are not prepared to file your business taxes on time and require an extension. Remember, the extension is on when you file your taxes and not when payments are due.
The deadline to file your business tax return is the same date as the day you must file for a tax extension. For example, if your company’s tax return is due by March 16, you must file Form 7004 for extension by March 16.
Small business owners who report their business activities on their personal tax returns, should not request a business extension with Form 7005. These taxpayers should instead request a personal extension with Form 4868 for both personal and business taxes. A Form 4868 should be filed by the original due date of your personal tax return on April 15.
Here a list of deadlines for extended business tax returns:
- Schedule C for sole proprietors and single-member LLC’s: extension until October 15, 2020 filed with the owner’s personal tax return
- Partnership and multiple-member LLC filing as partnership extension deadline is September 15, 2020
- S corporation extension deadline is September 15, 2020
- Corporation extension deadline is October 15, 2019