Tutor Invoice Template
Focus on shaping young minds while FreshBooks keeps your finances in shape. Invoice online the quicker, easier way with FreshBooks and watch your teaching business grow.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Download Your Free Teaching Invoice Template
Many teachers need to invoice students for their services, including administrators at large private schools, freelance music instructors and part-time tutors. Sending professional invoices helps teachers get paid for their work and improves their accounting process.
Get the free teaching invoice template from FreshBooks to create customized invoices and charge students for your work. Choose from the invoice options below and tailor them to meet your needs.
Download your free teaching invoice template in the format that works best for your business: .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Download Teaching Invoice Templates
Invoice With Freshbooks
Education Invoice Template
Create detailed invoices and charge clients for your educational services. You can customize this invoice template to fit your own education business model. Outline services, include rates and get paid for your work.
School Invoice Template
Private elementary schools, colleges and small arts schools all need to invoice students to collect school fees. Use this school invoice template to charge tuition by the semester or the school year.
What Is a Teaching Invoice Template Used For?
Teachers of all backgrounds use invoices to charge students for their services. Teaching invoices include an itemized list of the educational services provided, the teacher’s rates, a payment due date and the total amount due.
Invoices are also useful accounting documents for teachers that help them track their earnings and plan ahead to grow their business.
How to Create a Teaching Invoice
To create a teaching invoice, educators can follow these invoicing steps:
- Download the free teaching invoice from FreshBooks
- Include your business logo at the top of the invoice
- Add your contact details, including your business name, address, email address and phone number
- Add the client’s contact information, including the student’s name, address, email address and phone number
- Create a unique invoice number and include the invoice date and payment due date
- Include an itemized list of the services provided with brief descriptions
- Add the hourly or flat rate
- Include the total amount due for the invoice and add applicable taxes
- Describe your payment terms, including any late fees charged for overdue payment
- Send the completed invoice to your client by email or mail
Invoice Types for Teachers
Teachers can use a variety of invoice types to bill students. These types of invoices are commonly used by educators:
- Standard Invoice: A standard invoice will provide all the detail most teachers need for billing, including a list of their services, the payment deadline and the total amount due.
- Prepayment Invoice: Teachers can request payment in advance with a prepayment invoice. It’s common for educators to charge for a block of classes all at once using a prepayment invoice.
- Recurring Invoice: If your students take the same classes on a set schedule, a recurring invoice can save you time by generating invoices automatically.
Download a Teaching Invoice Template for Free
Create professional-looking invoices and get started billing your students for your teaching services.
Download the free teaching invoice template from FreshBooks for a streamlined invoicing process. FreshBooks offers simplified accounting solutions for small businesses from North America to the UK.
Send detailed invoices today and get paid for your work with the teaching invoice template.
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.