The Best Way to Invoice
Level up your business invoicing with FreshBooks. Customize and send detailed invoices in minutes, and get unlimited access to award-winning support any time you need it.
Join 24 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Google Sheets Invoice Template
Are you a small business owner who’s struggling to keep your client payments in check?
We get it. Managing multiple clients, accounts and projects can get confusing. Throw in the complexity of invoicing and accounting into the bunch and you have a lot of work on your hands.
Fortunately, there’s a way to create professional invoices for your business with a little help from Google. You can now use Google Sheets to make invoices in a matter of minutes.
Available in .DOC, .XLS, or .PDF., Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Download the Google Sheets Invoice Template
Invoice With Freshbooks
Google Sheets Bill Template
Google Sheets is a great platform for creating professional invoices. With a little help from the free Google Sheets bill template, you can customize your own invoices to send to your clients. Download the template here.
Google Sheets Invoicing for Small Businesses
Spreadsheets often get a bad rap. They are known for being confusing, clunky and not-so-nice to look at. As a business owner, you don’t have time to fuss around with creating a spreadsheet with all the bells and whistles.
That’s why FreshBooks created the free Google Sheets invoice template. With this downloadable template, you are able to easily make Google Sheets invoices to send to your clients.
Google Sheets makes it easy to create invoices to send to clients. Prefer to use a Microsoft Office product? The invoices are available in both Excel and Word formats. You can include project details, service descriptions, payment terms and more so that your clients know that you mean business—without having to hire professional to make it for you. Simply fill in the blank custom fields to create an invoice that fits your business needs.
How to Create an Invoice in Google Sheets
Ready to start creating your invoice in Google Sheets? Follow the directions below and start sending professional invoices.
- Access Google Sheets by logging in with your Google account ID and password
- Download the free “Google Sheets Invoice Template” above
- Open the invoice templates in Google Sheets
- Name your invoice template. Ex “Invoice Template – New”
- Customize your invoice with your logo, business contact information, payment methods and more.
- Make a copy of your template and rename for your client. Ex “(client name) Invoice – (Date)”
- Fill out your client invoice with client details, services, costs, invoice date, payment due date and payment terms.
- Save and send invoice to your client
There are many ways to customize your blank Google Sheets invoice. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Add your logo and branding colors and fonts. You can easily add your business logo and brand styling to your invoice to fit the look of your business.
- Add your company name and contact details. Be sure to include important information about your business so that clients know who you are and where to contact you.
- Customize the fields. The goods and services being provided should include appropriate names and descriptions so that your clients know exactly what they are getting
- Add your pricing. Note the costs of the individual services in the invoice so your client has an itemized record of what they are paying for
- List payment terms and conditions. Be as descriptive as possible when it comes to noting the payment terms, dates and details so that you get paid the right way and on time, every time.
- Add a “Thank You.” You may even want to add a thank you message to your invoice to thank clients for working with you.
How to Send an Invoice from Google Sheets
Start sending your professional invoice using Google Sheets.
After you have customized your invoices for your clients, share or send them so that you can receive payment in a timely manner. There are multiple ways to do so, depending on your payment arrangement and what works best for your clients. Wondering how to share an invoice from Google Sheets?
- To send an invoice from Google Sheets, log into your Google account
- Find the client invoice that you want to send. Be sure that all of the details are correct, along with the client details.
- Click “Share” to open sharing options.
- Specify who can see the invoice in “Permissions”. You can then copy the link to the Sheets invoice or send the invoice by entering your client’s email address in the box.
- Click “Save” and “Done”
Pro-tip: If you would like to send the Google Sheets invoice as a PDF, simply “Save” the sheet in PDF form and download. You can then send your client the invoice via email or print it to send in the mail.
Whether you are a small business owner in North America, a freelancer in the UK or a contractor somewhere else in the world, you’ll find the perfect invoice for your business with FreshBooks.
Free Google Sheets Invoice Template: Download Now
With Google Sheets you can create professional invoices to send to your clients. No need to hire a pro or working with a designer to get the look and details you need. This free template does all of the heavy lifting for you.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.