The Best Way to Invoice
Invoicing should be fast and easy so you can get back to the work that really matters. FreshBooks helps you get paid up to 2x faster with professional, customizable invoicing so your business can stay efficient.
Join 24 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Printable Invoice Template
As a small business owner, you want to give your clients the best results and service possible.
That’s why when it comes to invoicing, you use a solution that’s professional, affordable, and easy-to-use.
In fact, creating invoices doesn’t have to involve hiring a pro or using fancy programs. With a free printable invoice template for Microsoft Word, you can send quality invoices quickly and at no cost to you.
Ready to get started? Simply edit, print or download this quick and easy invoice template for free.
Visit the main page for more free templates.
Download a Printable Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
Invoice with FreshBooks
How to Use Printable Invoices for Your Small Business
Ready to make your invoicing ridiculously easy? Simplify your invoicing process by using printable invoices for your business.
Whether you are a small business owner or a freelancer, it’s important that you get paid the right and on time, every time.
The free printable invoice templates from FreshBooks makes the process headache-free. No accounting pros or fancy accounting software required. Simply download, edit and print your way to professional, designed invoices.
Sometimes using fancy accounting software is a bit too much, and you want a simpler, more customizable solution.
Your business is unique so your invoices should be too. Send your clients invoices that professional, on-brand and made to suit their needs.
Printable invoices make it easy to add those custom elements and send invoices directly to your clients.
How to Create a Printable Invoice
We’ve made invoicing your clients easier than ever. With the free printable invoice template from FreshBooks, all you have to do is download, edit and send.
- Open the “Free Printable Invoice Template” in PDF, Word or Excel format
- Edit the fields in the template to customize your invoice. Be sure to include your business information, your client’s information, services provided, and costs.
- Download the invoice to your computer to save or print the invoice directly from your browser.
- Send the invoice to your client via email or mail.
Our blank invoicing template makes it easy to fill out your business information, add services, note your pricing, and more.
Once done, you can download the invoice to your computer and send the document via email, or print the invoice and send it via mail. The important thing is that the invoice fits the needs of you and your client.
How to Fill Out a Printable Invoice in Microsoft Word
While you have the option of editing your printable invoice template as a PDF, you may also choose to open the document in Microsoft Word. Editing your invoice here is easy to do and takes less than a few minutes.
- Download the Microsoft Word version of the “Free Printable Invoice Template”
- Open the invoice template on your computer or other device.
- Customize your blank invoice template with your business name, address, contact information and website.
- Save the template to your computer, DropBox or other file folders
- To create a new invoice for your client, make a copy of the existing template
- Customize the invoice fields with your client’s business information, the services provided, pricing and payment details and conditions.
- Name your template. For example, “(client business name) Invoice | (date)”
Customizing your printable invoice template adds that professional touch to let your clients know where the invoice came from, what they details are and how to pay on time.
Once your invoice is customized and filled out, you can send the invoice via email or mail. Easy and fast.
How to Send Printable Invoices to Your Clients
Creating custom printable invoices online is super easy with the free template from FreshBooks. Once customized, you can send the completed invoice to your clients via mail or straight to their inbox.
- Open the saved invoice that you made for your client. It should be named appropriately with the client’s name, an invoice number or some other identifier.
- If you want to mail the invoice, you will want to print the completed invoice and mail it directly to their address.
- To email the invoice, write an email using your business email account. Include your client’s name and email address, write a message, and attach the invoice to the email as a Microsoft Word .DOC or PDF.
- “Send” your email and the invoice is on it’s way.
Business owners in the US, UK and beyond are using free printable invoices for their businesses. Get started with yours today.
Download the Free Printable Invoice Form
At FreshBooks, we support small business owners in doing what they do best. That means not wasting time managing confusing invoicing or accounting software. That’s why we created this free printable invoice template for you to use – to save time doing what matters most.
Download the blank template online to fill in detailed fields, customize and send via email or mail.
It’s as easy as download, edit, print and send. Create professional invoices your clients will love in a matter of minutes.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.