Plumbing Invoice Template
Simplify your invoicing so you can spend more time getting your clients’ plumbing in working order. Create easy online invoices with FreshBooks and grow your business.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Plumbing Invoice Template
Toilets, drains and water lines are your specialty. But are you a pro when it comes to your business invoicing?
With the help of the plumbing invoice template and other resources from FreshBooks, you can take bookkeeping into your own hands.
All you’ve got to do is download the template, customize it and send it to your clients. Create your first invoice and get paid in no time.
Available for download in .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Check out all your options.
Download a Plumbing Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
Invoice with FreshBooks
What Is a Plumbing Invoice Used For?
A plumbing service invoice is used to bill your clients for fixing their toilets, unclogging their drains and other plumbing work you may do. With the help of a detailed invoice, your clients will know exactly how they should submit a payment and when they should submit it by.
Invoices help you record transactions, income and other financial information so that all of your business finances are on point.
This information also is useful if you’d like to track the growth of your business and set goals for the futures. Plus, having a clear record of your finances allows you to avoid headaches come tax time.
Use the blank plumbing invoice from FreshBooks to create your first invoice today.
- Stay on top due dates to avoid missed and late payments
- Bill your clients for your hard work
- Organize your clients’ accounts and balances
- Document financial information, including transactions and income
- File important information so that you’re prepared at tax time
How to Create a Plumbing Invoice
Creating detailed and professional invoices for your plumbing business is now a no-brainer with the free resources from FreshBooks.
To create an invoice, simply download the plumbing invoice template, fill in your information and send to your clients. Remember to include detailed descriptions and a breakdown down of the cost of the services you’ve provided––this way your clients will exactly why each charge has been made their accounts.
- Download a free plumbing invoice template from FreshBooks
- Add your business name, contact information and branding
- Fill in client’s name and contact information
- Create and include a unique invoice number
- Add a date of issue and a payment due date
- Describe plumbing services provided with costs for each
- Calculate and include the total cost
- Include clear payment instructions and terms
The plumbing invoice template from FreshBooks is highly customizable so that you can create an invoice that perfectly represents your brand and clearly communicates what actions your client needs to take.
The most important part of the invoice is the descriptive list of plumbing services and the breakdown of the cost. This leaves less room for error when it comes to getting paid.
Invoice Types for Plumbers
Every day in your industry can be a mixed bag. You may be fixing a toilet, mending a leak or any range of plumbing disasters. That’s why your invoices need to be customizable to fit any given situation.
When creating an invoice, you want to keep in mind the services you are providing, your business structure and your client’s needs. Then, you will select an invoice type that fits the entire picture.
Let’s explore some of the invoice types that you are available to you.
- Standard Invoice: A Standard Invoice is very cut and dry. It lists exactly what the client owes for your plumbing services
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice is used to collect ongoing services
- Prepayment Invoice: This type of invoice is used to collect a deposit or down payment before you do the plumbing work or before the entire payment is due
- Time-Based Invoice: A Time-Based Invoice is used to charge your clients for a tracked number of hours that you spent working on their plumbing
- Credit Memo: This type of invoice is used to note a credit made to a clients account
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice signifies an increase in the balance due
- Mixed Invoice: A Mixed Invoice logs a series of credits and charges made to a client’s account
Whether your client needs your help for a one time job or an ongoing project, there is a type of invoice that will be helpful to you.
If a plumbing invoice template isn’t exactly what you need, FreshBooks has other options for you. Feel free to check out the handyman, HVAC, pest control, contract labor, home inspection, roofing, electrical work or construction invoice template.
Download a Plumbing Invoice Template for Free
With the help of FreshBooks, plumbers like yourself across the globe are invoicing their clients the right way. Whether you’ve fixed a toilet in the US or a loo in the UK, it is time to get paid for your plumbing services.
Download the plumbing invoice in PDF, Excel spreadsheet or Word document format to get started on your invoice today.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.