Electrician Invoice Template
Create professional invoices that get you paid 2x faster. With FreshBooks, you can send fully customized invoices in minutes and have access to award-winning support when you need it.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Electrician Invoice Template
As an electrician, you need a proper method for billing your customers for your services. After a long day of work is done, it’s important that you get paid the right way.
With the electrician invoice template from FreshBooks, sending invoices and getting compensated for your work have never been easier. With only a few simple steps, you can create professional invoices for your services. Simply download the free template, customize for your clients and send.
Available for download in .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets. View our complete list of templates.
Download the Electrician Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
What Is an Electrician Invoice Used For?
As an electrician, you may be wondering what exactly an invoice is good for and how to go about sending them to your clients.
An invoice is used to notify clients what they owe for your work. A professional invoice typically has a descriptive list of services that have been provided, along with a break down for their costs. This ensures that you get paid the right way and on time.
In addition to collecting payment from clients, invoices are useful for recording important financial information, which allows you to track the growth of your company or to prepare information for tax time.
As an electrician, you may work with a variety of other subcontractors on a project and you may need to create additional invoices for their services. Some types of subcontracting invoices you may need include:
Wondering why you should use the free electrician invoice template?
An electrician invoice includes descriptions of the electrical services you have provided, a breakdown of the total cost, payment information and more. Including all of this information ensures that both you and your client have all of the necessary materials to avoid missed payments and confusion at tax time.
With an electrician invoice you can:
- Record important financial information
- Keep track of client payments
- Avoid missed payments and missed due dates
- Record important information for tax time
- Stay on top of debts and debtors
- Describe electrical services provided
- Organize and simplify your bookkeeping
How to Create an Electrician Invoice
You’re the master of all things electric. In your electrical work business, invoicing may seem foreign to you, but with the help of the FreshBooks free electrical work invoice template, billing your clients isn’t a pain.
Create electrical service invoice with the free downloadable template. You can customize the invoice according to your needs, add your business branding and send the final invoice to your client in minutes.
It’s time to take the guesswork out of invoicing for your electrician business. The easy-to-follow instructions below explain how you can start creating professional invoices.
- Download the free electrician invoice template from FreshBooks
- Add your business name and contact information
- Insert your business branding and logo
- Fill in your client’s name and business and contact information
- Add a unique number for the invoice
- Include the invoice date and payment due date
- Provide a detailed list of the electrical services provided and costs for each
- Note the total cost at the bottom of the invoice
FreshBooks knows that each electrician has unique clients, projects and services. In order to accommodate the billing needs of all electricians, the FreshBooks electrician invoice template is designed to be customizable to your liking. Download the free template, fill it in and send invoices.
Invoice Types for Electricians
As an electrician or electrical company owner, finding the perfect invoice template to suit the needs of both you and your clients can make a world of difference.
There are many types of invoices available, so it’s important to select the right fit for you. Each one allows you to list the services provided, the costs and payment details. However, payment scheduling and certain policies may differ.
Browse the types of electrician invoices below.
- Standard Invoice: A Standard Invoice is pretty simple. It states exactly what the client owes for your electrical services
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice is used to accept on-going or regular payments
- Prepayment Invoice: This type of invoice is sent to collect a down payment deposit on services before they are performed. A Prepayment Invoice may also be used to collect a portion of the cost before the total cost is due
- Time-Based Invoice: A Time-Based Invoice is used to bill clients for time that has been tracked while you performed your electrical work. An hourly invoice is a common Time-Based Invoice
- Credit Invoice: Often known as a “credit memo,” a Credit Invoice notes a credit made to the client’s account. This is used when a refund or rebate is performed and the client gets money back
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice states an increase in the amount that the client owes for your electrician services
- Mixed Invoice: A Mixed Invoice includes a detailed list of charges and credits made to a client’s account
Download an Electrician Invoice Template for Free
Free to fill in and send, the electrician invoice template from FreshBooks was made with electrical business owners in mind. While you’re focusing on what matters most in your business, you need an invoicing solution that’s simpler.
Get started in creating your own business invoices today. The downloadable invoice template is ready for you to use.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.