Construction Invoice Template
Build up your business with better invoicing. With FreshBooks, you can create and send invoices 2x faster and depend on our award-winning support to have your back every step of the way.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
The Best Invoicing for Construction Companies
Get paid for your hard work with the free construction invoice template from FreshBooks. Customize your invoices and send to construction clients in a matter of minutes.
Get Your Free Construction Invoice Template
Are you looking for an efficient way to create professional invoices for your construction business?
With the help of the construction invoice template from FreshBooks, you can bill your clients the right way. Create the perfect invoice in a matter of minutes to start getting paid today. All you need to do is download the template below, customize it and send it.
Download now in .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets in our free invoice library.
Download a Construction Invoice Template
Invoice With Freshbooks
Invoice With Freshbooks
Invoice With Freshbooks
Invoice With Freshbooks
What Is a Construction Invoice Used For?
As a construction business owner, you may be wondering how to go about billing your clients and keeping track of your finances. Professional and organized invoicing is an important component of running a successful business – and ensuring that you get paid the right way, every time.
Business owners have their hands full with the many responsibilities of running a business and keeping clients happy. Don’t let invoicing keep you down. There’s an easy solution to billing your clients without the headache.
- Manage your subcontractors with our contract labor invoice
- Take care of your HVAC and plumbing contractors with a free invoice template
- Handle those one-off electrical or roofing contractors with ease
- Keep on top of those post-construction inspections with a specialized invoice
- Manage your subcontractors with a handyman template
- And much more
With the free construction invoice templates from FreshBooks, creating your own invoices is now easier than ever. These templates can be helpful for many aspects of your construction business. Here are the reasons why you should use a construction invoice:
- Record important payment information
- Organize transactions
- Stay on top of payment due dates
- Collect necessary information for tax time
- Make note of outstanding debts and debtors
- Detail materials purchased, services performed and prices
- Keep your financial records organized and up-to-date
Your construction work invoices will typically list your services, costs, important payment details, the total cost and more. Including all of this information ensures that your clients easily understand all charges that have been made for your services. With this clear communication, it is possible to avoid the confusion that causes missed payments and troubles at tax time. That certainly will lift the weight from your shoulders.
Operating a professional construction business will be a breeze if you focus on what you do best. Don’t waste precious time worrying about your invoicing and instead send professional and thorough invoices the right way.
How to Create a Construction Invoice Form
Your construction company designs and constructs large structures every day, so how hard could it be to create an invoice? With so many tools out there, the answer may seem to be “very.”
Fortunately, at FreshBooks, we have made the process a breeze. Made with construction businesses in mind, we created the free construction invoice template so you can create and send invoices in just a few minutes.
To create an invoice, first download the customizable invoice template. Then, include your business details, such as the date of issue, services provided, total cost, client name, client address, your business contact information, the terms of the invoice and payment due date.
- Download the free construction invoice template from FreshBooks
- Fill in your business name and contact information
- Insert business media and logo
- Include client’s name or business name and contact details
- Create and add a unique invoice number on the template
- Add invoice issue date and payment due date
- List services or products with descriptions and costs for each
- Calculate the total and add to the bottom of the invoice
- Include payment terms and additional information
- Send invoice directly to client via FreshBooks, email or direct mail.
This FreshBooks template is created with construction businesses in mind. Focus on what you do best and skip the hassles of complicated invoicing.
The construction invoice template allows you to customize the invoice to best serve the needs of you and your customers. You can include detailed descriptions of the services that you have provided so that the client knows exactly what charges have been made.
Including payment instructions with the payment due date is helpful as well. This will help to ensure that you are paid on time, and your client will not be confused about the payment process.
Invoice Types for Construction Business Owners
As a construction business owner, your work is unique and choosing the perfect type of invoice to bill for that work is important. Finding the right invoice template for you and your clients makes a great difference.
When creating a construction invoice, you want to choose a type that perfectly fits the needs of both you and your clients. Since your services may vary, it is nice to have options one it comes to invoicing.
FreshBooks knows that there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to invoicing for construction work. The sample construction invoice is highly customizable and will definitely get the job done. There are multiple types of invoices to choose from when billing your clients.
- Standard Invoice: A Standard Invoice is pretty straightforward and basic. It lists exactly how much the client or customer owes the for the construction work you’ve done.
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice can be used to accept ongoing payments from clients. This type of payment would be appropriate to collect payment for a recurring service.
- Prepayment Invoice: A Prepayment Invoice is used to collect a deposit or down payment on your services prior to completion of the construction project and the collection of the final payment.
- Time-Based Invoice: This type of invoice is used to bill clients for a service that is charged by time tracked. An hourly invoice is an example of a Time-Based Invoice, which may be useful for your type of work.
- Credit Invoice: A Credit Invoice is used to express a positive balance in the event of a refund or rebate that has been added to your client’s account.
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice notes an added balance that a client owes after an increase or adjustment to the total cost. When the project requirements change but the client paid upfront, this may be applicable.
- Mixed Invoice: This sort of invoice details credits made to a client’s account and lists the final balance.
Download a Construction Invoice Template for Free
Running a successful construction business is a lot of work. That’s why you should spend more time doing what matters most in your business, rather than fussing with complicated invoicing tools.
Fortunately, the free invoice template for construction business owners from FreshBooks makes it easy to create professional invoices in a matter of minutes.
Simply download the template, customize for your clients and send. By using the detailed template, you can get all of the essential details and ensure that you get paid the right way.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.