Data and Research
All the resources you might need to learn more about goings on at FreshBooks.
Have a question? Contact our PR team:
Are millennials really the laziest generation? They don’t seem to think so. In fact, 66% of millennials identify as workaholics.
To get a better understanding of millennials modern work habits, FreshBooks compiled the Millennial Workaholics Index, which polled a representative sample of 1,000 American freelancers.
Here’s what we discovered:
56% of Millennials Work More Than 40 Hours a Week
They’re 8% more likely to work 40+ hours than those above 45! 1 in 5 millennials say they work over 60 hours in a typical week—and 70% say they’ve worked on the weekend.
32% of Millennials Have Worked in the Bathroom
That’s the percentage who say they’ve invoiced a customer while … multitasking. Another 27% have invoiced a customer on a date, proving millennials are constantly on the grind even when they’re not in the office.
39% of Millennials Work Overtime Because They Love Their Jobs
While 50% say they work more because they need the money, a solid 2 in 5 are passionate about their work. This proves millennials don’t just work because they have to—they need to find meaning in their work.
Here Are the Weirdest Times Millennials Work…
#1: On the weekend (70%)
#2: When they’re sick (63%)
#3: On their birthdays (63%)
#4: Over the holiday break (51%)
#5: On New Year’s Eve or Day (48%)
- FreshBooks Report: Accountants and Bookkeepers Believe Accounting Software is Too Complicated for Small Business Owners
- FreshBooks’ Second Annual Politeness Index: Which County Is Most Polite?
- FreshBooks’ Second Annual Politeness Index: Which U.S. State is Most Polite?
- FreshBooks’ Second Annual Politeness Index: Which Canadian Province is Most Polite?
- Study: 40% of Freelancers Will Head into the Holiday Season with Unpaid Invoices
Get started for free today.