Are you a QuickBooks user? If yes, you might be already familiar with the QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC). The QBWC is a go-between applications developed by Windows which enables data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop products (such as QuickBooks Financial Software and QuickBooks Point of Sale) and an online-based application hosted on the web which implements a standard Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)-based web service interface. The communication with the web services can be initiated by the user at his own convenience or can be automatically schedules.
Any web services can be integrated with the QuickBooks Web Connector as long as they use the same QB XML that the Desktop SDK and POS SDK use. Adding web services is as easy as downloading a file. Just make sure that the files have a “.qwc” file extension for it to be integrated. Former Quicken online banking features users might be familiar with the interface as it is based on the Quicken One Step Update feature.
Other QuickBooks Desktop products that can be used with the QuickBooks Web Connector are:
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (2016 or later versions)
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro (2016 or later versions)
- U.S. QuickBooks Point of Sale (v13.0 or later versions)
- Canadian Editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2016 or later versions)
- UK Editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Edition (2016 or later versions)
What are the common QuickBooks Web Connector errors?
Just like any other programs, QBWC has its own errors and issues. There are two types of errors you might encounter with the QBWC:
- Errors occurring within the QBWC. Some common examples of this error are:
- QBWC 1005, 1006: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run
- QBWC 1011: Application named [AppName] does not exist in registry
- Communication errors between QBWC and QuickBooks itself. Some of the common examples of this type of error are:
- QBWC1007, 1008, or 1009: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks
- QBWC 1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
These errors are going to be unavoidable when you use the QuickBooks Web Connector. It is certainly going to be frustrating at some point because it can cause delays.
Are you tired of these connector errors?
QuickBooks Online has been widely used by small business owners for managing their financial records. Most say that is due to its easy-to-use software and essential accounting features. However, it does have its drawbacks that overshadow its advantages:
- Too many features. While QuickBooks has good features, it is packed with other features that may not be needed for those who only need the basics.
- No payroll capabilities. The payroll option is only available if you pay an additional price. The user will have a monthly subscription for this service and additional fees per employee per month.
- No project management. There is no organized way of working with a team for a project.
- Has no other key reports aside from accounting.
- Instability and system crashes
- Has a limit on the number of users.
Dealing with these problems can cause headaches for the users. But what if there is another alternative to QuickBooks that is much more suited for you and your business?
Introducing FreshBooks, another cloud-based accounting software which is primarily designed for small business owners and self-employed individuals. It may have fewer features than QuickBooks but these features are just right for what you will pay.
What sets FreshBooks apart from QuickBooks? Here are the following features that make it the better software:
- Time tracking. This feature allows the user to keep track of the hours and bill the client the right amount.
- Project management. With FreshBooks, project team members can have seamless collaboration. They can share important files, work progress, and clients can also give feedback.
- Better customer support. One of the best features of FreshBooks is their customer service. Users will no longer have a problem waiting for a solution to their problems.
Reliability. Because it is a cloud based program, FreshBooks won’t crash or experience the errors experienced with QuickBooks.