Data and Research
All the resources you might need to learn more about goings on at FreshBooks.
Have a question? Contact our PR team:
The verdict is in: Alabama is now the most polite state in America.
For the second year in a row, the data scientists at FreshBooks analyzed over 250,000 invoices that were sent in 2018 to determine where self-employed professionals are the most likely to use please and thank you.
Here’s what we found:
- Last year, Oklahoma was the most polite state in America by a wide margin. This year, only 20% of their invoices contain please or thank you, bringing them in at #4.
- Vermont climbed its way to the top three states with their percentage of polite invoices more than doubling since last year.
- For the second year in a row, Tennessee is the least polite state in the U.S.
- Once again, Americans are more polite than Canadians overall. Only 8% of Canadians use please or thank you on their invoices, compared to 12% of Americans.
Don’t forget, manners matter. FreshBooks found invoices that use please and thank you get paid a median of two days faster than those that don’t.
How does your state rank?
About FreshBooks: FreshBooks is the #1 accounting software for self-employed professionals and their teams. If you invoice, you need FreshBooks. Try FreshBooks free with a thirty day trial.
Methodology: FreshBooks analyzed over 250,000 invoices sent in 2018 to uncover where small business owners are the most likely to use please or thank you.
Contact: Lindsay Lapchuk, email@example.com
- FreshBooks Report: Accountants and Bookkeepers Believe Accounting Software is Too Complicated for Small Business Owners
- FreshBooks’ Second Annual Politeness Index: Which County Is Most Polite?
- FreshBooks’ Second Annual Politeness Index: Which Canadian Province is Most Polite?
- Study: 40% of Freelancers Will Head into the Holiday Season with Unpaid Invoices
- Study: 40% of Small Business Owners Get Paid by Check
Get started for free today.