All the resources you might need to learn more about goings on at FreshBooks.
Have a question? Contact our PR team:
Touch ID fingerprint reader released as the first of many new features to come to FreshBooks’ award-winning iOS app
Toronto, Canada – June 23, 2015 – FreshBooks, the #1 cloud-based accounting software designed exclusively for service-based small business owners, is bringing new enhancements to the award-winning FreshBooks iOS app that helps small business owners save time and get paid faster on the iPhone and iPad.
In its Q2 2015 earnings call, Apple announced it is working with software providers to bring a broad range of innovative mobile solutions to customers. As part of this, FreshBooks is working with Apple to deliver a made-for-business app to allow small business owners to run their business from anywhere.
Small business owners are leveraging mobile technology to operate their businesses and invoice their clients. The ability to operate their entire business while on the road and using a mobile device that can fit into their pocket, has a significant impact on their bottom line. It brings the flexibility and convenience that comes with being able to work from and check in on their business anywhere, anytime. It also empowers users to be more productive with their time so they can get back to focusing on doing the work they love.
FreshBooks users are increasingly using mobile to send invoices, track payments, make notes, and log expenses. Users’ clients are also becoming more engaged on mobile: they check their phones up to 150 times a day, providing 150 opportunities for FreshBooks users to get paid. For example, FreshBooks offers mobile-friendly invoices designed specifically for viewing on a mobile screen, making it easy for clients to pay the invoices right from their phone. Mobile adoption is opening up possibilities for small business owners to streamline their workflow so they can focus on growing their business.
“Service-based small business owners – people who get paid for their time and expertise – are the future of the economy, and their unique accounting needs are incredibly underserved,” said Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO, FreshBooks. “Much of their time is devoted to tracking their hours, generating accurate invoices, and trying to stay on top of their cash flow. By teaming up with Apple and its market-leading mobile platform, FreshBooks is delivering on our commitment to make running a business easy and efficient.”
Enhancing security with Touch ID and Passcode FreshBooks recently worked with Apple to release Touch ID and Passcode, the first of many new features to come for FreshBooks customers who use iOS devices. Currently available for download from the App Store, they ensure a simple, secure way for users to log into their FreshBooks accounts on their iPhone or iPad.
Touch ID is available on iPhone 5S and newer, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3. It enables the use of a fingerprint as a passcode to log into the FreshBooks mobile app, effectively enhancing user experience by improving the speed and ease of use, while providing advanced security of confidential business information.
The new Passcode feature offers a second layer of security whenever users open the FreshBooks app on any iOS devices, providing peace of mind that sensitive information within the app remain secure.
Perfecting the mobile user experience FreshBooks delivers a comprehensive small business mobile solution that includes the following elements:
- Intelligent mobile solution: A made-for-business app will simplify user workflow to create a seamless invoicing experience. This will include easy-to-use features designed for generating accurate invoices, tracking hours and mileage, managing expenses, and enabling mobile payments.
- Award-winning customer support: FreshBooks is backed by award-winning customer support, providing users with access to live help, quick response times, and the peace of mind associated with FreshBooks’ commitment to executing extraordinary experiences every day.
To learn more about FreshBooks’ investment on iOS, visit freshbooks.com/apple.
About FreshBooks FreshBooks is the #1 cloud-based accounting software designed exclusively for service-based small business owners. The company has helped more than 10 million users process billions of dollars through its easy-to-use invoicing, expense management, time tracking, and online payments features. Recognized in 2014 with six Stevie awards for best customer service in the world, the company’s mantra is to “execute extraordinary experiences everyday.” Based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in 120 countries. freshbooks.com.
Contact: Dianna Lai PR Manager, FreshBooks firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 780-2700 x318
- FreshBooks Adds Bank Reconciliation and Double-Entry Accounting to Its Small Business Friendly Software
- FreshBooks and Fidelity Labs Announce Winners of First Reshape the World Challenge
- FreshBooks Announces the Ability for Small Business Owners to Collect Payments Directly Within Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Pay
- New FreshBooks Report Reveals Millennials as Catalysts Behind Self-Employment Movement, Opting for More Autonomy
- FreshBooks Adds 50+ Apps and Integrations to Its Recently Rebuilt and Redesigned Platform
Get started for free today.