Itemized Invoice Template
Not getting paid on time? You need FreshBooks’ invoicing software. This powerful tool lets you create detailed itemized invoices, send automatic reminders and accept payments online.
Join people who have used FreshBooks
The Best Way to Invoice
Download the free itemized invoice template and see how easy it is to create detailed, complete invoices. Eliminate confusion with straightforward invoices that clients will want to pay.
Get Your Free Invoice Template
As a small business owner, you are already aware of the importance of invoicing. In the professional world, you have to send error-free invoices on time to your clients in order to get paid. Most clients would request you to send an itemized invoice for the products or work offered.
FreshBooks offers you the free invoice template to simplify the process. Save time, reduce the margin of error and get paid quickly using a detailed invoice customized to your needs.
Download the itemized invoice template to get started.
Available for download in .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Download an Invoice Template
Invoice With Freshbooks
Itemized Invoicing for Small Businesses
Itemized invoicing can get meticulous without the right tools. You’ll find yourself adding up a lot of calculations, and spending more time on the details of billing your client than getting the work done.
FreshBooks itemized invoice template makes it easy to handle modern invoicing. It’s quick to brand, customize and input the necessary information for your clients to understand and pay you quickly.
An itemized invoice breaks down the services provided and the price for each, so your client knows exactly what they are getting and at what price.
The itemized invoice sample lists the:
- Invoice Number
- Date of invoice creation
- Address and Contacts of Provide & Purchaser
- Itemized List of Products & Services Sold
- Description of Products/Services
- Payment Terms
Itemized billing helps you expedite the payment process. It also reduces the scope of confusion and ambiguity for your customers. So everyone walks away happy, knowing they got what they invested in.
Find out why business owners in the US, the UK and beyond are turning to itemized invoice templates for their needs.
How to Make an Invoice in Itemized Format
To create your Itemized Invoice all you need to have is our invoice template with the relevant software you downloaded it for (like itemized invoice template word, or itemized invoice template excel).
Then follow the steps below to create your invoices in no time:
- Start by adding your brand information – such as your logo, colors and fonts – in the appropriate areas.
- Add your business name and complete contact details on the top of the invoice
- List the goods or services you’re billing to your client and input all the relevant details in the description fields
- Add the purchaser’s name and contact details in the invoice form
- Mention the total amount payable in the ‘total’ section
- Be clear on what payment methods the client can use to pay you
- Send to the client
The intuitive and ready-to-use template lets you fill up the details and send your invoice to the clients. Fill up all the blank spaces that are relevant to your client, and send the invoice to get paid quickly.
- Fill in the invoice number, date, and other relevant details
- Use the invoice body section to fill out the list of products and services you are charging the client
- Set the rate for the different items as well as service charges and taxes applicable
- Make use of the description column to describe the items
- Cross check your inputs to ensure there are no typo or mismatched numbers
How to Send Clients an Itemized Invoice
Once you have used the line item invoice template to create your invoice, you can save a copy and email it to your client. You can also print a hard copy of the invoice and mail it to your client, or fax it. With Apple products, you can send the invoice as a PDF through AirDrop. The options are limitless. The template is also printer friendly, so you don’t have to worry about peculiar formatting for different mediums.
Download a Free Invoice Template
Who says creating a professional looking itemized invoice is a tough ask? You can avoid all the hassles of creating one and focus on the core area of your business when you use our itemized invoice template. The itemized invoice template is free, easy to customize and quick to send.
The FreshBooks Line Item Invoice Template addresses the needs of businesses and professionals.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.