The Best Invoicing for Videographers
Between shooting, cutting and color correction, videographers have enough to deal with. Invoicing software from FreshBooks helps you get paid up to 2x faster, the right way.
Join 24 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Videography Invoice Template
Are you a videographer or work in video or film production?
If so, it’s likely that you have a lot on your plate when it comes to working with clients, shooting video and managing your business. All that hard work pays off when you finish the project and go home with money in your pocket.
With the free videography invoice template from FreshBooks, you can spend less time worrying about your business invoicing and more time doing what you love.
Simply download, customize and send. Create custom invoices in minutes.
Now available in .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Browse all invoice templates in our gallery.
Download a Video Production Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
Invoice with FreshBooks
What Is a Video Production Invoice Used for?
As a videographer or filmmaker, you need a way to bill clients for the work that you do. You may offer a wide range of services and serve several clients, so it can get complicated managing so many details at once.
Perhaps you have tried hiring an accountant or fussing with bookkeeping tools on your own. These can get complicated and even expensive – taking time and resources away from you doing your best work.
Invoicing your clients with a custom videography invoice template is a cheaper, more manageable solution. A video production invoice ensures that you get all of the details you need to get paid the right way, without the high price tag.
Ready to try out a video production invoice? Below are the many uses for invoices in your video production business.
- Keep a record of all client charges
- Calculate your monthly and yearly income
- Organize all client payment contact information
- Collect payment in a timely manner
- Create a log of outstanding debts
- Simplify your bookkeeping
- Avoid headaches come tax time
Using a video production invoice allows you to bill your clients and ensure that you get paid for your work. It helps you keep a record of important details, organize payment information and set you up for success come tax time.
If you are looking for a simple and inexpensive solution to sending invoices to your clients, download the free invoice template for videographers from FreshBooks today.
How to Create a Video Production Invoice
No matter where your video work takes you, you need a reliable way to invoice your clients. With the video production invoice from FreshBooks, you have a solution that works – without breaking the bank.
So how do you start making invoices for your film or video production business? It’s simple. Download the video invoice template, customize it for your clients and send.
Check out the instructions below to learn more about creating your own videography invoices.
- Download your free video production invoice template
- Add your name, your business name and contact information
- Include your business branding and logo, if applicable
- Fill out the customer’s name, business and contact information
- Include a unique invoice number, invoice date and payment due date
- List the services you provided and the description and price for each
- Calculate the total cost and include it at the bottom of the invoice
- Add your business payment terms and additional information
- Send the completed invoice to your client via FreshBooks, email or direct mail
Create videography invoices in a matter of minutes. The free, blank template makes it easy to customize to suit your business needs.
Be sure to include important details about your services, your accepted payment methods and the payment due date. This helps your client know exactly what they are paying for and how. That way, you can get paid on time and the right way, every time.
Invoice Types for Video Producers
Depending on the needs of your videography or filmmaking business and the services it provides, you will likely need a certain type of invoice to serve your needs. From one-time projects to regular engagements, you need an invoicing method that helps you stay organized and professional.
Video producers in North America, the UK and across the world are using invoice templates in their business. Browse the types of videography invoices below to figure out what may work best for you.
- Standard Invoice: A standard invoice is a simple bill stating how much your client owes you for your services
- Recurring Invoice: This invoice can be used to accept ongoing payments from clients, such as on a weekly or monthly basis
- Prepayment Invoice: If you are asking your clients for a deposit, you will send a prepayment invoice. This may be a portion of the total owed
- Time-Based Invoice: This sort of invoice is used to charge a client when the total cost is dependent on the length of time spent on the project
- Credit Invoice: A credit invoice is sent to a client to give notice of a refund or positive account balance
- Debit Invoice: This invoice is sent to notify a client that they owe a given amount of money for services
- Mixed Invoice: This includes credits and charges made to an account
You can use a videography invoice to bill for a variety of video and film services, including acting. Charge your clients a deposit, on a weekly basis or whatever works for your arrangement. It’s important to select an invoice type that fits your business style and needs.
Want to create your own invoices for free? FreshBooks makes it easy to do just that. Download the template below to get started.
Download a Video Production Invoice Template for Free
Ready to start getting paid for your video or film gigs?
The videography invoice template from FreshBooks is free, customizable and suitable for all your business needs. Don’t worry about fussing with other expensive tools and software. Send professional invoices in just a few minutes.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.