Microsoft Office Invoice Template
Ditch the spreadsheets and documents and bring your invoices into the 21st century. Easily create invoices in the cloud with FreshBooks to save time and streamline your business accounting.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Microsoft Office Invoice Template
Are you on a mission to find the best way to bill your clients for your hard work? Well, look no further. FreshBooks has a solution for you.
With the help of the free downloadable MS Office invoice template from FreshBooks, you can create detailed and professional invoices in a matter of minutes.
Skip the accountant and take charge of your bookkeeping today.
Download an MS Office Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
Microsoft Office Invoicing for Small Businesses
As a small business owner, billing for your hard work is very important. From being reimbursed for your services to investing in your business, the money you make it put to good use.
Sending detailed invoices allows you to collect the payment you are due in a professional way. The right invoice outlines exactly what services were provided, the cost, accepted payment methods and more. That means less room for confusion when it comes to getting paid.
Each invoice will include a detailed breakdown of the charges made to your client’s account, along with clear payment instructions. This way your client will know exactly how to pay for your valuable services.
In addition to receiving payment, there are many benefits to using an invoice template for your small business.
- Bill the right way and get paid for your hard work
- Keep a record of important financial information
- Stay on top of client payments and due dates
- Record important details for tax time
- Keep track of outstanding debtors and unpaid balances
- Describe charges, services and deliverables
- Keep bookkeeping quick and simple
When you include detailed descriptions of the services you’ve provided and a break down of charges made, your clients will understand what they are paying for so there is less confusion.
With straightforward payment instructions, your invoice will also inform clients of how to pay you and by what date.
With all of this information in writing, you will have a clear record of transactions made within your business. This makes it easier to track accounts and your business finances overall.
How to Make an Invoice in Microsoft Office
To create an invoice, you will want to first download the free Microsoft Office invoice template from FreshBooks.
Next, you will fill in the information in the blank invoice fields, such as your contact information for both you and your client, a list of services that have been provided with their costs and clear payment terms.
The invoice should clearly communicate to your clients what charges have been made to their accounts.
When you are done with the invoice, you can send it via email, direct mail or from FreshBooks.
- Download your free Microsoft Office invoice template from FreshBooks
- Add your business name, contact information and branding materials
- Include the client’s name, business name and contact information
- Create a unique invoice number and add to the template
- Insert an issue date and due date
- Describe services provided with descriptions and costs for each
- Add up the total cost and add include on the invoice
- Add payment terms and other relevant information
- Send invoice to the client via FreshBooks, email or direct mail
Since the invoice templates from FreshBooks are highly customizable, it is easy to create the perfect invoice every time.
Be sure to provide enough detail so that there is no confusion between you and your client. This will ensure that you get paid on time. See a sample invoice here.
- Standard Invoice: A Standard Invoice simply lets clients know what they owe for your services
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice is sent on a regular basis to collect payment for an ongoing service
- Prepayment Invoice: This sort of invoice is sent to collect a downpayment on goods or services provided by your business
- Time-Based Invoice: A Time-Based Invoice is used to charge a client for time tracked performing a service
- Credit Invoice: A Credit Invoice, also known as a “Credit Memo,” is used to let the client know of a credit made to his or her account
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice signifies an increase in the amount owed by the client
- Mixed Invoice: A Mixed Invoice lists all of the charges and credits made to an account
There are many examples of invoices to choose from. Find the best fit for your business.
How to Send Clients an Invoice from MS Office
Once you have customized your Microsoft Office invoice, it is time to send it to your client. There are a few ways to go when sending your invoice.
You can email the bill, send it through the mail or use the FreshBooks.com invoicing platform.
If you choose to email the bill, you will simply attach the file from the Office application of your choice. You may want to convert the file to a PDF so that the format of the invoice is not distorted on your client’s end.
You can print your invoice and send it to your clients via direct mail. You can either print the invoice then fill it out or fill it out on your computer then print it. It is up to you.
Please visit FreshBooks.com to find out how to send your invoice via the online bookkeeping platform.
Download a Free Invoice Template for Microsoft Office
Download the MS Office invoice template from FreshBooks today to set yourself on the fast track to getting paid.
Like other small business owners from Canada to the UK, you can make invoicing an in-house job. It is time to take control of your bookkeeping and ditch your accountant.
Get started on your free Microsoft invoice template from FreshBooks today.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.