Personal Training Invoice Template
Eliminate the hustle. Quickly make and send invoices using FreshBooks’ simple invoicing software. Add due dates, send reminders and easily keep track of who owes you what.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
The Best Invoicing for Personal Trainers
Stop struggling with your invoicing. This free downloadable invoice template was designed to help personal trainers easily make professional invoices that get you paid fast.
Get Your Free Personal Training Invoice Template
Many personal trainers find invoicing tiresome. It takes time and leads to an even more tiresome task—chasing down clients for payment.
Free personal training invoice templates from FreshBooks are quick and simple to fill out. They also help you clearly communicate how and when you want to be paid.
Download FreshBooks’ personal training invoice templates in popular formats like Word, Excel, PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Then, customize them as you like.
You can find more in our free invoice template gallery.
Download a Personal Training Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
What Is a Personal Training Invoice Used For?
A personal training invoice is used to bill clients for fitness services.
Personal training invoices can be used by:
- Yoga instructors
- Personal trainers
- Fitness instructors
- Strength coaches
- Holistic personal trainers
- Pilates trainers
- Athletic trainers
- Dancing instructors
Personal trainers charge clients using one of the following methods:
- Per session billing
- Package-based billing
- Month-to-month billing
Many personal trainers prefer to be paid in cash, either before or after a session. But cash payments are hard to keep track of. Creating invoices makes it easier to have accurate and complete records, which helps fitness businesses a lot come tax time.
And while personal trainers can invoice per session, it’s usually better to bill in advance for monthly payments or for a package fee. This helps clients commit to longer durations and makes sure the trainer gets paid for services provided. You can bill for a set number of sessions or unlimited sessions.
This system completely eliminates the need to chase clients for payment. If clients resist, trainers can incentivize advance payments by offering discounts.
How to Create a Personal Training Invoice
Create a personal training invoice by following these steps:
- Download your free personal training invoice template.
- Add your contact information, such as your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Insert your logo at the top, if you have one.
- Fill in your client’s contact information. Full name and email address should suffice.
- Add an invoice number, invoice date and payment due date (very important!).
- List the services to be provided or already provided and add a description. Be as specific as possible.
- Add prices for each service. Specify how many sessions are covered if you’re billing a flat fee.
- Add sales tax, if required by your state.
- Calculate the total
- Insert payment terms at the bottom. Include how late fees work, how many days they have to pay the invoice and how you want to be paid.
- Send the completed invoice to your client via email. Or print it off and give it to them in person.
Invoice Types for Personal Trainers
Choose your invoice based on your contract with your client, gym or other company. One-off sessions, recurring billing or billing for a package in advance all require different kinds of invoices.
Here are the most common invoice types for personal trainers:
- Standard Invoice: A basic option that lets you bill for different kinds of services and packages.
- Automatic Invoice: Also called a recurring invoice. It’s the best option if you bill your clients the same amount monthly as you can continue to send the same invoice.
- Prepaying Invoice: This invoice is used to charge your clients in advance for a biweekly or monthly fee or other type of package.
Download a Personal Training Invoice Template for Free
Don’t get bogged down by unclear invoices that don’t help you get paid. There’s a better way.
Get the free personal training invoice template for free and easily create professional invoices for your fitness business, whether you’re based in the US, Canada, the UK or beyond.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.