The Best Way to Invoice
FreshBooks’ invoicing software was designed for small businesses. Get award-winning support, unique features and a streamlined payment system that will get you paid 2x faster.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Quickbooks Invoice Template
The free Quickbooks invoice template from FreshBooks is especially designed for small businesses, freelancers, contractors, consultants and the self-employed. It was created to make your business look more professional and to help keep your billing organized.
Customize this blank invoice template to fit your business, whether you’re a service-based company, a tradesperson, an e-commerce or retail company or a non-profit.
Download FreshBooks’ Quickbooks invoice template in popular formats like Word (.DOC), Excel, (.XLS), .PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Then, customize it however you like or keep it simple.
You can find the free invoice templates gallery here.
Download the Quickbooks Invoice Template
Invoice With Freshbooks
What Is a Quickbooks Invoice Used For?
A Quickbooks invoice is used by a seller to request payment from a buyer. It is a formal document that lists the products or service a business has provided to a buyer and which the buyer is now bound to pay for.
Quickbooks invoices can be used by any small business who is selling a product or service to a buyer on credit. Quickbooks invoices are also important records of sales transactions. These records are important to keep a business’s books accurate and up to date, which becomes even more crucial at tax time.
How to Create a Quickbooks Invoice
Create a Quickbooks invoice by following these steps:
- Download your free Quickbooks invoice template
- Add your contact information. Include your company name or your personal name, if you’re a freelancer
- Include your company logo
- Add your customer’s information and a customer number, if you use them. Add a shipping address, if needed, and shipping terms.
- Add an invoice number, invoice date and payment due date
- Include a purchase order number, if your customer gave you one, and a tracking number, if applicable
- Insert a payment due date
- List the services or products provided. Include a description, unit price, price and quantities.
- Find the subtotal. Add sales tax, if applicable, and a tax number. Include discounts, shipping and handling, late fees or credit, if required.
- Calculate the total
- Insert payment terms at the bottom, such as how to pay you
- Send the invoice via email or print it off and mail (or fax it) to the client
Invoice Types for Quickbooks
Here are the most common invoice types:
- Standard Invoice: A typical invoice used by most businesses
- Commercial Invoice: Used to document the importation of foreign goods
- Automatic Invoice: A recurring invoice that’s the same each billing cycle
- Pro-Forma Invoice: Provides an estimate of costs before a project’s started
- Progress Invoice: An invoice used to bill in stages for long projects
- Credit Invoice: Used to issue a refund or a discount
- Debit Invoice: Charge for extra work
- Mixed Invoice: Bill for services or products and issue a refund or discount
- Prepaying Invoice: Charge your client for a deposit or retainer on future work.
Download a Quickbooks Invoice Template for Free
Download the free Quickbooks invoice template and instantly create and send invoices for your small business, whether you’re based in the US, Canada, the UK or beyond.
This free invoice template makes it easy to make and send invoices faster. You’ll get paid quicker as a result, which will help your business not only survive but grow.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.